Learn, Connect, Grow.
- Crop Mob @ Sand Holler Farm! TXYFC folk headed out to Sand Holler Farm to help farmers Scott and Stephanie with their fencing. Join us for our next Crop Mob, or request one for your farm!
- This Is The Farm Podcast - Farmer Interviews! 'This Is The Farm', a podcast by TXYFC, interviews farmers from around TX and beyond about farming in general, with an emphasis on young farmers. Stream from our website, or subscribe on iTunes!
- TXYFC Fundraiser & BBQ Dinner! Join us for a fine, locally sourced BBQ Dinner, tasty brew, farmer panel discussion, and hanging out! All proceeds will benefit TXYFC and Cardo's Farm Project. Purchase tickets soon - click here!
Do you count yourself among the supporters of the local food community and the farmers and ranchers it depends on? Want to hear about their experiences and what we can all do to help build and sustain our shared community? Fancy some locally sourced and prepared food and drink? Then please join us at Green Gate Farms on Saturday April 13th for the first annual Texas Young Farmer Coalition (TXYFC) Fundraiser!
The Texas Young Farmer Coalition seeks to build connections between young farmers throughout the state in an effort to increase food awareness, encourage the exchange of ideas, and create synergistic relationships. We seek to achieve this through the following:
- Create a real world community of young farmers through social gatherings, such as Farmer Mixers, food gatherings, and Crop Mobs. These relationships will be augmented through online communication, through our website and e-mail Listserv to keep out members up to date on all the young farmer happenings in Texas.
- Encourage farm education through the promotion of skill-building workshops around Texas. We partner with other organizations and farms to increase awareness for their workshops and classes through our relationships with young farmers, as well as on-the-ground promotion through media contacts and flyering.
- Build connections between farmers and workers through Crop Mobs, where in our members attend monthly or bi-monthly work parties on farms throughout Texas. By providing farmers with a large group of skilled volunteers, we will provide them with sorely needed labor, while building connections between the volunteers, and gaining valuable real-farm experience.
- Encourage advocacy through local, state, and federal policy by mobilizing our members to express their viewpoints to their local politicians. This can be as simple as writing a letter to your congressman or attending a community meeting. TXYFC strives to provide its members with up-to-date information on current Texas food policy happenings and provide resources for its members to voice their opinions.
TXYFC understands the need for more workers entering the farming profession. Increasing the number of young farmers in Texas will be instrumental in increasing food security and awareness, curbing carbon emissions, and building a stronger relationship between local food and local economies. By banding together and supporting one another, we can help create a positive environment for young farmers to network, exchange ideas, and become better farmers.